Partners Pharmacy recognizes that today’s skilled nursing patients frequently have more clinically complex needs and require additional levels of medical support to be served safely and effectively. Partners I.V. is recognized as a leader in comprehensive training and support services to senior care communities.
Click here for IV Training classes in your area.
Partners I.V. program assists in the management of facilities’ infusion therapy programs through important support services such as:
- Standardized policies and procedures
- Around-the-clock clinical consultation
- Regional and facility-specific certification classes
Benefiting Residents and the Community
The Partners I.V. affiliate provides several key benefits and advantages to facilities and their residents, including:
- Continuity of care and optimized clinical outcomes
- Ability to care for higher acuity patients and achieve a more robust and stable census
- Creating a point of differentiation in the competitive marketplace
- Regulatory compliance for higher acuity patients
- Expanding relationships with family members, physicians, hospitals and other referral sources
- Providing a continuation of the facility’s IV care to residents at home after their discharge
Continuing Education and Training
Partners’ infusion therapy education programs, many of which carry continuing education credits for nurses, help nursing staffs build the confidence and expertise needed to provide residents with the highest quality infusion therapy and nursing care. The infusion therapy education program includes IV certification, policy and procedure development and ongoing in-service programs for all aspects of IV therapy as needed or requested by the facility.
Comprehensive Support to Assure Quality Care and Cost Effectiveness
Employing experienced IV nurses, Partners I.V. provides the professional expertise and support needed to assure top-quality infusion services for residents. Services include implementing standardized policies and procedures, around-the-clock clinical consultation, 24/7 IV-line starts and more. Partners I.V. enables facility caregivers to develop infusion services expertise and helps residents to remain in the facility and out of the hospital – a major priority for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
Partners I.V. professionals continuously monitor residents’ infusion medications for safety and clinical efficacy and recommend adjustments as appropriate. Partners also assists in controlling infusion costs through close formulary management, dosing adjustments and other appropriate recommendations, while considering the health and safety of residents paramount.