Bed Safety in LTC Communities
Developing a Risk-Management Strategy
February 27, 2019
12:00 Central 1:00 Eastern * 1 CE Administrators/RNs
Beds are one of the few medical devices used by virtually every kind of LTC Community. A safe bed environment has long been the concern of residents, patients, families, healthcare practitioners, healthcare administrators, risk managers, mattress manufacturers and regulators.
It is vitally important that facilities make every effort to look at bed safety for our vulnerable population. Every resident deserves a safe and comfortable sleeping and bed environment. Whether or not your facility is governed by CMS their guidelines are applicable to all kinds of facilities and will assist caregivers in making more effective decisions in these areas.
This program will review how to use these guidelines to develop a risk-management strategy that is beneficial to both the resident and the facility.
DO YOU KNOW….
- how to develop a more effective risk prevention process?
- how to educate staff on more effective bed safety care planning?
- the proper documentation that is needed to minimize risk?
- CMS’ definition of a restraint and how state and federal guidelines can help all facilities develop more effective strategies?
- the impact of new admissions, re-assessment and resident/family wishes as they relate to bed safety?
Join Joyce Warriner, RNC, MS – President of Compliance Consultants as she discusses these critical topics related to more effective bed safety.
Please forward to others within your facility that would benefit from participating.