The 7 Key Components to Developing a Comprehensive Ethics and Compliance Program
March 13, 2019
12:00 Central/1:00 Eastern *1 CE Administrators/RNs
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides a comprehensive anti-fraud Strategy that has enable the U.S. Department or Justice and Health Services to recover a record-breaking $7.3 billion in taxpayer dollars in Fiscal Year (FY) 2017. Over the last five years, the Administration’s enforcement efforts have recovered over $19.2 billion.
The law also requires that healthcare providers put in place a compliance and ethics program. The law details compliance programs and provides guidelines which outline what constitutes an “effective compliance and ethics program” and includes (7) Key components. These 7 key components will assist health care providers to develop a comprehensive ethics and compliance program that achieves great success.
DO YOU KNOW HOW TO:
- establish policies, procedures and controls that effectively reduce violations of non-compliance?
- exercise effective compliance and ethics oversight at the highest levels by individuals (compliance and ethics office) who have enough authority and resources to carry out their job responsibilities?
- exercise due diligence to exclude from authority those individuals who have a propensity to violate the code?
- communicate with and train employees on the compliance and ethics programs?
- monitor and audit the compliance and ethics program for health care providers and employees?
- ensure consistent enforcement and discipline of non-compliance?
- respond appropriately to detected offenses and develop corrective action to prevent future violations and penalties?
Please Join Dr. Jim Wooddell as he shares his expertise on Developing a Comprehensive Ethics and Compliance Programs and reveals the 7 Components to success.
Please forward to others within your facility that would benefit from participating.