Revisions to Appendix Q Puts IJ on the Front Burner
May 29, 2019
12:00-1:00 Central 1:00-2:00 Eastern
1.0 CEs for Administrators & Nurses
On March 5, 2019 CMS put out a Memo to the industry to notify LTC Surveyors and Facilities of the revisions to Appendix Q and criteria for citing immediate jeopardy (IJ.)
It has always been difficult to understand and for facilities to use CMS’ proactive systems to prevent Immediate Jeopardy. It is imperative that facilities understand the changes that have been made and how they affect the ways Surveyors will cite Immediate Jeopardy.
This Webinar will review the changes in Appendix Q and familiarize the listener to quality assurance approaches for prevention. In addition, it is important to know that many IJ citations are a result of facilities notifying DOH of incidents that result in an IJ. Promoting excellence in care is so very important, however, with that being said, it is important that stuff understand requirements for provision of care as this is the first step in preventing all deficiencies.
Do You Know….
- the new revisions for Appendix Q: Guidance for Immediate Jeopardy?
- how the definition of Immediate Jeopardy has changed and how it is applied during investigations?
- the changes that the Surveyors will make when citing IJ?
- the best ways to prevent IJ using the new criteria?
- the most effective ways to incorporate the new IJ Template into your QA Program?
- the most appropriate response to a possible IJ citation?
Please join Ruth West, RN, BS – with Consistent Compliance LLC as she discusses these important regulatory changes and offers guidance on how to prevent Immediate Jeopardy situations.
This program will be of interest to Administrators, Directors of Nurses, Nurses and others that care for residents.