Partners Pharmacy provides a variety of Medication Management solutions which include a systematic review for high-cost medications to determine appropriateness of therapy and opportunities for cost containment, and our comprehensive pharmacy services which provide state-of-the-art technology for medication ordering, delivery, order status, and automated on-site medication management.
Effective Cost-Containment Strategies
Cost-containment strategies are a central component of Partners’ Medication Management Programs. Partners strives to reduce costs without compromising quality and outcomes. Partners Pharmacy helps achieve savings on pharmaceutical costs in a number of ways:
- Internal medication management clinical group
- Prospective, concurrent and retrospective intervention
- Facility medication management helpdesk
- Direct intervention with facility Consultant Pharmacist to ensure alignment with facility/organizational goals
- Routine reviews of medications by Partners’ staff for efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Development of a facility-specific “preferred formulary”
- Notifications of non-preferred orders with the opportunity to choose a preferred agent
- Physician reporting on formulary adherence and missed savings
Partners provides multiple options for facilities to obtain medication costs for prospective admissions. This can be achieved by utilizing our web portal, which is available 24/7 for immediate price quotes, or via a fax-back system to the pharmacy. The medication utilization of prospective admissions is also available for review to identify potential medical management opportunities.
Therapeutic Strategies and Outcomes Program
- Facility-based educational programming and training that teaches medical directors and attending physicians how to develop and implement quality-based cost-reduction strategies
- Education programs for physicians and other mid-level prescribers on valuable geriatric-focused topics
- Consultation for physicians by experts on the Partners Pharmacy Medical Advisory Board